Sharon Brown Standridge was born in Denver, Colorado and raised in the foot hills of the Rocky Mountains and later the plains of Nebraska. That memory of living in the mountains still inspires some of her work today. Sharon Standridge has become a noted painter depicting the life of the American west and nostalgic figurative scenes with great light and energy.
Sharon’s western heritage runs deep. Her grandfather, father, his four brothers and a sister were known as the world’s youngest rodeo performers, Tex Brown and His Little Buckaroos. This rich western heritage has permitted Sharon to render the people and places in their vivid authenticity.
Sharon and her husband, David, have become long time residents of Texas where her studio overlooks the beauty and tranquility of Lake Bridgeport in North-central Texas. The couple’s son and his three children live nearby, and all often serve as models for Sharon’s paintings.
“I am Thankful that God has given me the ability and the opportunity to paint the beauty that is all around us. My desire is to grow and learn more with each new work of art and hopefully stir emotion or memories to those who collect my work.”
- COWGIRL UP! Art from the Other Half of the West, March 2009 -2022 Invitational
- A TIMELESS LEGACY, Hockaday Museum of Art, Kalispell, MT, ,2016 & 2017
- TRAVELING THE WEST SHOW , Southwest Gallery, Dallas, Texas, Oct. -Nov.2015 Invitational
- NIGHT OF ARTISTS , BRISCOE MUSEUM, San Antonio, Texas, 2006, - 2012 Invitational
- TEXAS STAMPEDE, Exhibition at the State Capitol in Austin--- Ground Floor Rotunda,
February, 14 - 27, 2010 -- March, 2 -21 , show moves to InSight Gallery
- THE RUSSELL, C.M. RUSSEL MUSEUM, Great Falls, Montana, March 2010
- ROUNDUP, Museum of Western Art, Kerrville, Texas, 2008 - 2010 Invitational
- SOLO SHOW, Bosque Art Center, Clifton, Texas, June - July, 2009
- COLLECTORS CLASSIC , Museum of Western Art, Kerrville, Texas 2007 , 2008 Invitational
- GREELEY STAMPEDE, Greeley, Colorado, June- July 2008 Invitational
- ONE WOMAN SHOW, LA CIMA CLUB, Las Colinas, Irving, Texas July, August, 2006
- MOUNTAIN OYSTER SHOW, Tucson, Arizona,..2005, - 2007 Juried
- HORIZONS SHOW, Austin, Texas, 2006, Invitational
- BEST OF THE WEST SHOW, Pinetop, Arizona, 2005, 2006 Invitational
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN STAMPEDE, Greeley, Colorado, 2004, 2005 Invitational
- TEXAS WOMENS SHOW, THURBURN GALLERY, Fort Worth, Texas, February 2001
- TWO PERSON SHOW, LONGHORN GALLERY, Denton, Texas, November, 2000
- TEXAS ARTISTS, LONGHORN GALLERY, Denton, Texas February 2000
- SOLO SHOW, LONGHORN GALLERY, Denton, Texas, February 1999
- ARTS FOR THE PARKS, Jackson Wyoming, 2002, 1999, 1998 Juried
Photo By David Overstreet
Howard Terpning and Sharon Standridge at Night of Artists, 2007, San Antonio, Texas.
"I was delighted to meet this master artist, and have him compliment me on my work."
Sharon has recieved numerous awards for her work, including Oil Painters of America, Award of Excellence, Best of the West, Popular Choice, Gold Medal Award - Best Watercolor, and Popular Choice Award at the Bosque Art Classic. Her work has appeared in publications such as, Western Art Collector, Western Horseman, Art of the West, Country Lifestyle and on the cover of Rocky Mountain Rider Magazine.
Stepping Back in Time,
Photo shoot in Montana!!